Dental Implants – Functions Like Natural Teeth
Getting dental implants is the treatment of choice in case of replacing one or more missing teeth. Also, dental implants are biocompatible artificial roots which will replace your teeth and it can be done the same day. They appear like screws or posts embedded in the jaw and being of a biocompatible material, titanium, they are designed to fuse with the jaw bone and become the foundation for the restoration.
As a result, your teeth will have excellent strength and stability and they will feel and look just like your natural teeth. As a matter of fact, the strength and function exhibited by dental implants can be compared closely to natural teeth.
An implant post is surgically placed in the jaw bone where the tooth is missing. An implant embedded in the bone ought to gain stability but this should take some time. After embedding, usually in the few months, the jaw bone will accept the implant and fuse with it.
Once stable, a customized dental crown or fixed bridge is then permanently cemented to the implant. Our Upland dental implants will restore the function and health of your teeth, not to mention significantly enhancing the beauty of your smile.
Dr. Zaveri did an outstanding job on my implant. It was an amazing experience. I highly recommend him. Kudos to his staff for their excellent customer service. – Robert Jocson
Same Day Dental Implants
Patients who opt to receive implants on the same day of their visit are given the privilege to enjoy these benefits:
- Stability. When an implant is installed, it gains stability through a phenomenon that is referred to as “osseointegration” which presents true fusion of the titanium implant with the bone. The result is true stability likened to an ankylosed tooth; one that promises function unlike any other.
- Aesthetics. The dental implants take the place of the roots and they are installed with crowns so that the result is a prosthetic that appears much like the natural tooth. What you can enjoy, therefore, is exemplary aesthetics that removable dentures and dental bridges will not be able to offer.
- Function. A true oral function is restored when you make a decision to receive same day tooth implants because what you will be provided with are prosthetics that will allow you to enjoy all the normal functions of your oral cavity.
- Comfort. With the stability, aesthetics and function dental implants prove to offer great comfort to patients. Compared to removable dentures with palatal and lingual components and dental bridges that may compromise the health of the abutment teeth, dental implants gain stability like the natural teeth and so your new teeth will give you comfort just like your natural teeth would.
- Conservativeness. When you choose to receive same day teeth implants instead of their usual substitutes, you get to save the health of the bone and teeth. Dental extractions usually follow bone resorption, which is prevented when an implant is embedded into the socket. This procedure also preserves the health of the teeth because traditional crown and bridges require extensive tooth preparation.
For this procedure, we use Nobel Biocare products.
Visit your trusted General and Cosmetic Dentistry in Upland CA – Alta Dental Care to get back that strong and beautiful teeth.