Oral Hygiene & Dental Sealants
Receive customized dental care
The basics of good oral hygiene practices involve the observation of proper routine teeth cleanings and maintenance. The health and beauty of your teeth can only be helped with the combined effort of the dentist in his office and the patient in his own home.
Your efforts to keep your teeth clean through thorough and proper brushing, flossing and rinsing should help maintain health, and these results are even improved, when the patient is responsible enough to make regular appointments with his dentist for dental cleaning and check-ups.
The type of treatment that is received by a patient should depend on the need that the patient’s condition demands. At Alta Dental Care, dental care and prevention is done a certain way because we believe that patients deserve to be treated a certain way:
- For patients who require simple dental cleaning procedures, gentle teeth cleaning is good enough.
- We use medicated gels along with mouth rinses if necessary so that the tissues can heal better and more effectively.
- Sometimes, ultrasonic scalers are used to make the procedure more comfortable and effective. Ultrasonic scalers are automated and they achieve better scaling efforts compared to manual work.
- As a part of child’s preventive care, sealants should be used. Dental sealants are thin plastic coatings which are applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth, since most of the tooth decay in children and teenagers occurs in these areas. In applying dental sealants no drilling or removing of the tooth structure is necessary.
In applying dental sealants no drilling or removing of the tooth structure is necessary.
Dental sealants procedure:
- Cleaning the tooth
- Special cleansing liquid is applied on the tooth and then washed away
- The sealant is applied on the tooth.
Oral Hygiene Upland
Sealants can last from 5- 10 years. They should be checked regularly and reapplied if they are not in their place or if they have been damaged in time. Children and adults who are at high risk of developing tooth decay may benefit from using fluoride products (mouth rinses, dietary supplements, professionally applied gels and varnishes). In our office, we use Peridex products for this procedure.